Aims, Vision and Values
At Muriel Green Nursery School and Day Care we aim for all children to be:
• Secure, safe and happy in their relationships and the environment
• Interested, excited and motivated to learn so that they achieve their full potential
• Independent learners, proud of their achievements and confident in their own abilities
• Confident speakers and listeners that express their own needs and opinions and reflect on and understand those of others
• Curious independent thinkers that investigate, experiment and ask questions
At Muriel Green Nursery School and Day Care we aim to provide:
• A welcoming, safe and secure environment for every child and their family
• Inclusive and outstanding education and care
• An atmosphere in which children, families and staff have positive relationships and mutual respect.
• Exciting, safe and stimulating learning environments inside and outdoors
• Inspirational and active learning experiences within the setting and community
• A broad curriculum providing children with firm foundations and a love of learning in all areas of the curriculum
• An enthusiastic and dedicated staff team that has the opportunities to learn and develop to make the best possible provision for children.
Muriel Green Nursery School and Day Care is an inclusive setting welcoming every single child and their family. We believe in providing for the individual needs of all children. We will be flexible and adaptable enabling them to feel safe and secure in a stimulating, caring and diverse environment.
All children, parents and families will be members of our school community and we will look to the wider community of St Albans and beyond to meet the needs of children as they experience life in a diverse and changing world. We will listen to families enabling us to respond to their needs and aim to meet their expectations.
Staff will be members of the community and all will have opportunities to develop excellent professional skills to educate and care for every single child with an ever strengthening knowledge of how children learn and develop, and also with patience, tolerance and understanding of their experiences and backgrounds .